Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
50 user(s) are online (18 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 50

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Newbie Type questions
vigilante
Level : 5; EXP : 90
HP : 0 / 122
MP : 16 / 5517
I found this forum in a roundabout way... but at least I found it. I like what I see but I have some questions before I post a couple of pieces.

1. In the 3D gallery, what constitutes "original characters"?
2. Do these have to be new morphs, textures, or does it include using props and morphs from the usual sources? Example, I have a piece or two using DAZ characters, props, etc. But the lighting, posing, outfitting etc is my concept. Acceptable?
3. Or do you put such as these in other areas (such as "SciFi" or "Fantasy")?
4. I still consider myself a hobbyist in the 3D area. But I approach my 'projects' as an assignment with a goal in mind (Ex, I have a fantasy type book and a 'future/sci fi' magazine cover)? Are such finished works acceptable in the galleries?
5. If I wanted a mod to look at the pieces and help direct to the appropriate gallery, what's the best way to get such sage advise?
6. I assume postwork in a 2D package is not considered manipulation that manip is reserved for heavy 'chopping' of a photo. Correct?

Thanks for the advise and insight

Regards,
Robert952

Posted on: 2 11 08 08:22 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Newbie Type questions
Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 84815
Howdy,

Quote:

robert952 wrote:
I found this forum in a roundabout way... but at least I found it. I like what I see but I have some questions before I post a couple of pieces.

1. In the 3D gallery, what constitutes "original characters"?
for original character it is a character you or a non-professional created. Like my character Winterhawk, or even Lady Heromorph. if you can find them in a book, comic, or something like that then they go elsewhere.
Quote:
2. Do these have to be new morphs, textures, or does it include using props and morphs from the usual sources? Example, I have a piece or two using DAZ characters, props, etc. But the lighting, posing, outfitting etc is my concept. Acceptable?
yes it certainly would be.
Quote:
3. Or do you put such as these in other areas (such as "SciFi" or "Fantasy")?
Sci-fi and fantasy got there own spots because they were getting a lot of posts. so they sort of got their own sections due to volume.
Quote:
4. I still consider myself a hobbyist in the 3D area. But I approach my 'projects' as an assignment with a goal in mind (Ex, I have a fantasy type book and a 'future/sci fi' magazine cover)? Are such finished works acceptable in the galleries?
they most certainly are.
Quote:
5. If I wanted a mod to look at the pieces and help direct to the appropriate gallery, what's the best way to get such sage advise?
either e-mail or PM. any of the site mod, including myself will be more then happy to help. A lot of us have day jobs etc. so it may take a day to reply, but we will all reply eventually. my e-mail is winterhawk200@yahoo.ca if you ever need my help. just remember to put heromorph in the subject line or my spam filter may eat your message.
Quote:
6. I assume postwork in a 2D package is not considered manipulation that manip is reserved for heavy 'chopping' of a photo. Correct?
correct, here a manip starts with a photo, no matter how much you post a 3d base image, here we still consider it 3d.
Quote:

Thanks for the advise and insight

Regards,
Robert952

Welcome to Heromorph!

Posted on: 2 11 08 08:49 pm

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.

Re: Newbie Type questions
vigilante
Level : 5; EXP : 90
HP : 0 / 122
MP : 16 / 5517
Thanks for the info. Look for an email with my images and comments.

Robert

Posted on: 3 11 08 06:08 pm

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.