Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
85 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 85

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Homework/Challenge Thread
Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 84827
Brick and I came up with this Idea a Long, Long time ago in the shout box.

Here is the basic Idea: After you sign up, another member of this group having seen your entire body of work, suggests a manip or part of the manip that would challenge an area they might need to work on.

For example: Some one might challenge me to work on a metallic character, Since my metal skills are a little weak.

Posted on: 8 08 04 10:28 am

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Homework/Challenge Thread
Mr. The Mighty Lord *Krackaboom!*
From The Good Earth
Level : 44; EXP : 44
HP : 0 / 1086
MP : 1092 / 64135
Quote:
For example: Some one might challenge me to work on a metallic character, Since my metal skills are a little weak.

Actually, I think the biggest area you need improvement in is wrinkles. Really, you hardly ever add them in your stuff.

BB

Posted on: 8 08 04 02:39 pm

Off the hook
From Cleveland
Level : 34; EXP : 91
HP : 0 / 847
MP : 575 / 50648
I'm in. I've been looking for a new project all week and finding nothing that inspires me. Gimme something to do! However, please bear in mind that I'm only using Corel photo/paint 7, nothing near as fancy as photoshop.

Posted on: 8 08 04 02:44 pm

Homework/challenge thread
Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81711
Quote:
Gimme something to do! However, please bear in mind that I'm only using Corel photo/paint 7, nothing near as fancy as photoshop.
Corel photo/paint isn????????t that bad of a program??????? especially if you can make sweet beautiful art with it. Not to mention that I like the idea of having a little help with coming up with ideas for new images. So, this is going to be a ???????homework??????? assignment that targets a member????????s weak spot. Do you think that people want to work on an image that is based on their weak spots. Also, I have been asked to do a tutorial on a few things??????? do we need members to post tutorials that will help in this ???????quest???????? Tutorials are great??????? but??????? it takes time out of our images. I tried and tried to make a tutorial on metal/chrome but couldn????????t come up with the words to explain how I did it. It is tough work. BUT??????? on top of that, I am game for this little endeavor! It sounds like a lot of fun???????

Posted on: 8 08 04 09:05 pm

Re: Homework/challenge thread
Bat Junkie...and who took my meds???
From Mexico City (we don't wear hats)
Level : 40; EXP : 93
HP : 0 / 998
MP : 873 / 60136
mmm.... Let me check with myself and I let you know

Posted on: 9 08 04 11:25 am

Hellfire Club Member
From Scotland
Level : 18; EXP : 79
HP : 0 / 444
MP : 136 / 26205
good idea.
Question, excactly which area would Android need to work on i mean i know his costumes look abit flat but other than that his stuffs fine?( he said with much sarcastic relish)

Posted on: 9 08 04 11:34 am

ask a glass of water.

From Canada
Ok here goes. first round of homework.

Daruma - I think you need work on your lighting. I would like to see you do a picture with some really dramatic lighting in it. Maybe something with multiple light sources with different coloured lights would be nice.

JrMcDeath - Dude it was hard thinking for something for you because you kick some serious Butt. But here goes, I noticed in all your pictures they were pin-up types, I would like to see an action shot or a over the top display of powers from you. Some really crazy special effects.

DK - are you still checking?

Batmic - You are dam hard cause you have done everything and you have done it well but.. Nope still got nothing for you. I will keep thinking on it.

Brick - this was mostly your Idea and you did not sign up I find that Funny.

Feel free to challenge each other and me as well guys. Also anyone else that wants to sign up feel free to jump on the bandwagon.

Posted on: 11 08 04 08:54 pm

Gold Member
Level : 26; EXP : 74
HP : 0 / 643
MP : 299 / 38061
I think this is a great ideal.
The whole point of being in this group is to learn how to make better Manips. So yes you can count me in. I can use all the help I can get.

Posted on: 11 08 04 10:28 pm

Homework for brick
Here I am!

Sorry I've been off and on absent.
You'll see me do that from time to time. But yeah. I'm in.

Have you something juicy for me?

Posted on: 11 08 04 10:36 pm

Re: Homework for brick
Bat Junkie...and who took my meds???
From Mexico City (we don't wear hats)
Level : 40; EXP : 93
HP : 0 / 998
MP : 873 / 60136
Quote:
DK - are you still checking?

still checking, but speak your mind

Posted on: 12 08 04 10:04 am

Action!!!!
Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81711
Winterhawk
Quote:
I noticed in all your pictures they were pin-up types, I would like to see an action shot or a over the top display of powers from you. Some really crazy special effects.

Well, of course they all seem to be Pinups. I don????????t like wasting my time creating 3D backgrounds...and I don????????t like trying to slap my girls on some crappy background. I am in it for the ladies. I have notice that everyone does good work and then their images go on to a low res image that shoots the manip in the foot. HEY... I am just as guilty. That is why I developed my style. Dig? BUT... I will accept that challenge. I have 12 DVD????????s full of images... Yes, that is approximately 56 GIG of images to go thru and see what I can slap together. However, I am in the middle of two ???????Pin-ups??????? so, this challenge will have to wait. I unfortunately I am a linear worker so I will have to finish these, in order, before moving on... But, you have given me some direction...

Posted on: 12 08 04 10:38 am

winter's homework
Hellfire Club Member
From Scotland
Level : 18; EXP : 79
HP : 0 / 444
MP : 136 / 26205
thanks man, i feel really flattered by that. i had a quick look through some of your past pics and your stuff really is excellent but what i found was a distinct lack of capes. i would like to see you do a pic where the cape is the star, maybe a Spawn(the tattered look would be a real challenge) or Superman, or better yet a Magneto, that's one i have seen in a while.

Posted on: 12 08 04 01:42 pm

ask a glass of water.

More Homework.
From Canada
Challenge accepted Batmic.

Tazman - Your highlights and shading seem to be a little inconsistent in you work sometimes you get it spot on and other times it just seems off. I challenge you to do a manip of a character with a strong directional light source so that the highlights and shadow will both be predominant in the picture (kind of like my Metamorpho or Shadowman).

Brick - Hey buddy remember when we were originally talking about this and I told you I was going to make you do a all chainmail character, well... I am not, but I am going to give you Metal Work. Try a all metal character, I know you did colosus a while back, But I would like to see what you can do now.

Posted on: 12 08 04 10:45 pm

Re: More Homework.
Technophobic
From Pacific North West
Level : 19; EXP : 77
HP : 0 / 469
MP : 151 / 28025
I have an Idea I like, but...

It seems like alot of (movie related) sites have been forced to pull thier Iron Man content. Do you think tom cruse would rain lawers down on us if I did Nichole Kidman as iron man?

Posted on: 13 08 04 10:10 pm

Heromorph's Computer Plague (invented twittering)
From a result of bad parenting
Level : 24; EXP : 56
HP : 0 / 589
MP : 245 / 34566
I for one, am always out to improve myself, and love the whole experimentation process. Some advice and direction from my peers is a great idea. I would like to sign up for this, but I don't know what kind of deadline there is. I tend to work a bit at a time on a manip and that usually means about a month per. Plus I am trying to finish a project that I started a loong time ago (remember EVA, check out HFAC).
So, depending on your timeframe, count me in.
I really want to hear what areas people think I can inprove on, and if its the same as my own: backgrounds. If it is, then great, because that was going to be my focus for the EVA project. If there are other ideas, then even better, but they will have to wait until I finish with EVA. It is certainly plausible to beleive that I have more than a few areas I can improve on.

Posted on: 14 08 04 09:24 am

I need constant supervision. Then I could see through chick's clothes.

Idea for someone...
superhero
Level : 14; EXP : 7
HP : 0 / 326
MP : 75 / 19590
Here's an idea I'd like to see someone take on. Paul Teutle Sr., Paul Teutle Jr., Mikey Teutle, and Vinnie (The Crew from American Chopper) as the Avenger's foes - The Wrecking Crew! (Obviously for a silly casting call.)

Posted on: 14 08 04 08:19 pm

Homework with no deadline?
Technophobic
From Pacific North West
Well, I'm pretty sure Winter said no deadline, but If you love to challange yourself, I'm sure sometime before next X-mas would be fine. Personaly I'm allready jazzed about how to do my homework, so dont be surprised if I start picking all your brains...
MatrixBlur ol' buddy ol' pal... shine your shoes?

Posted on: 14 08 04 10:34 pm

Re: Idea for someone...
Technophobic
From Pacific North West
Quantum... Perfect image! I would _love_ for that to be your homework! Have we seen a humor piece from you yet? Granted you havent signed up for homework.

Posted on: 14 08 04 10:42 pm

On the subject of humor manips...
superhero
Level : 14; EXP : 7
HP : 0 / 326
MP : 75 / 19590
I thought everyone had seen my Triumph as Bathound manip. My self inflicted homework is the cover to A-Next #4. After that I have a couple other, subtle, Casting Calls to do.

Posted on: 15 08 04 10:46 pm

Re: On the subject of humor manips...
You mean this one? Heh... I dont remember seeing it.. (adding it to the dodge and burn awards list).
Subtle, rrright. .

Posted on: 15 08 04 11:04 pm

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.