Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
79 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 79

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Worst movies of 2009
superhero
From Lynnfield, MA USA
Level : 13; EXP : 25
HP : 0 / 306
MP : 67 / 18336
hey Morphites,

I was putzing around the net, when I came across
MOVIEFONE and it had listed the worst films of the year.
I decided to share it with everyone here so they could
see if their "favorite" made the list. here is the
link:

www.insidemovies.moviefone.com/2009/12/23/worst-films-of-2009

here's the list. comments are welcome.

10. I Love You, Beth Cooper
9. Couples Retreat
8. Whiteout
7. Land of the Lost
6. The Ugly Truth
5. Transformers 2
4. Old Dogs
3. Year One
2. All About Steve
1. Miss March

the only two on this list I saw were Transformers and
Land of the Lost and I actually liked them. anyhoo,
anyone have any comments on these films or are there
films that should've been added to the list?

Posted on: 3 01 10 04:11 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Worst movies of 2009
Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 84815
I saw Whiteout and although it was fairly predictable I liked it, I definitely would not put this one on the worst list.

Posted on: 3 01 10 07:55 pm

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.

Wizard of Lasagna (Mod)
From From the Other Side of the Ocean
Level : 45; EXP : 33
HP : 221 / 1108
MP : 1153 / 54590
I wonder who assembled that list, I find funny that most of those movies are comedy.

Anyway, aside from Year One, I think there were worst movies that should be in that top 10 than those.

Posted on: 4 01 10 05:22 am

Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
Level : 47; EXP : 34
HP : 231 / 1158
MP : 1303 / 67649
i agree. i actually wonder why Transformers 2 is even on this list. maybe the plot itself was bad..but for overall smashmouth action..it makes my top 10 list.

Posted on: 4 01 10 11:49 am

Bat Junkie...and who took my meds???
From Mexico City (we don't wear hats)
Level : 40; EXP : 93
HP : 0 / 998
MP : 873 / 60128
Quote:

StarChild wrote:
i actually wonder why Transformers 2 is even on this list. maybe the plot itself was bad..but for overall smashmouth action..it makes my top 10 list.

I agree with you, I liked transformers 2. I don't know the criteria those people use to make a worst movies list.

Posted on: 4 01 10 07:28 pm

superhero
From DC area
Level : 18; EXP : 92
HP : 0 / 448
MP : 138 / 20736
Miss March was god awful, but I actually laughed a lot during Land of the Lost. but that could also be that it was late and I had a friend over with a goofy laugh who thought it was hilarious.

Street Fighter The Legend of Chun-Li : was horrid

Dragonball : We tossed popcorn at the screen. Talk about nothing to do with the original!

Obsessed : An awful unofficial remake of Fatal Attraction. I was furious about this one.

Wolverine : had to be the WORST comic movie made. They just raped every character they could...again...and again...and again. But I wasn't surprised after X-Men 3

GI Joe: Also had not much to do with the original and the action was really boring cause there was no story and I did care why it was happening.

I really have to say It's difficult to pick my favorite but I really thought Inglorious Bastards was FANTASTIC!!! one of the best of '09,
along with The Watchmen, Avatar, Star Trek, Princess and the Frog... actually there were a lot of good ones too.

This is what I thought at least.

Posted on: 4 01 10 11:27 pm

Dreamcatcher
From The Dream Dimension
Level : 32; EXP : 60
HP : 0 / 790
MP : 483 / 36218
Transformers 2 was probably put up there because of the humans (ie:Shia's parents,they were terrible in the movie, the government was portrayed as more alien than the Autobots, and Shia was a whiny crybaby throughout most of the movie. In fact, the only human who was any good in the movie besides the military was Megan Fox.).
Bruno could have gone up there too, as well as the Reader,Crank 2,
Dragonball Evolution and Next Day Air.

Posted on: 5 01 10 12:39 am

Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
Level : 47; EXP : 34
HP : 231 / 1158
MP : 1303 / 67649
Quote:

daswook wrote:
Transformers 2 was probably put up there because of the humans (ie:Shia's parents,they were terrible in the movie, the government was portrayed as more alien than the Autobots, and Shia was a whiny crybaby throughout most of the movie. In fact, the only human who was any good in the movie besides the military was Megan Fox.)

Like I said. A bad plot did not make T2 a bad movie. Over the top effects and action can make even the worst scripted and acted movie worth seeing again.

Posted on: 5 01 10 06:15 am

Bat Junkie...and who took my meds???
From Mexico City (we don't wear hats)
Level : 40; EXP : 93
HP : 0 / 998
MP : 873 / 60128
Quote:

ReddEra wrote:
Wolverine : had to be the WORST comic movie made. They just raped every character they could...again...and again...and again. But I wasn't surprised after X-Men 3

GI Joe: Also had not much to do with the original and the action was really boring cause there was no story and I did care why it was happening.

Sorry to desagree Reed but I liked those movies, Wolverine it's not the best but I think it's better than X3 and GI JOE it's a good popcorn movie, the story isn't that bad.

Posted on: 5 01 10 08:52 am

superhero
From Lynnfield, MA USA
Level : 13; EXP : 25
HP : 0 / 306
MP : 67 / 18336
hey,

I also thought GI Joe was fun. Oscar winner? no.
educational serious film? no. fun way to shut your
brain off for two hours and enjoy. absolutely. I
might agree about Bruno. I didn't mind the first
ten minutes or so, but after an hour, it was like
"Okay. we get the joke." and I left. as for T2 (not
the Arnold film)it was also good popcorn as was X3
and Wolverine. (a side note about Transformers-Megan
is reportedly going to buy it in the third film.)
I think Ryan Reynolds was a great Deadpool and the
guy who was Gambit was amusing too.

Posted on: 5 01 10 04:04 pm

superhero
From DC area
Level : 18; EXP : 92
HP : 0 / 448
MP : 138 / 20736
ok, I could agree GI Joe was popcorn, but I wouldn't spend the money on it again.
Yeah, I liked Ryan Reynolds as Dead-Pool but I have no idea how they are going to do a movie for the character with out making it a prequel that will be inaccurate because those were not his powers or his background.
As for Gambit, the actor was ok, I think they could have picked a better one and told him to do a real Cajun accent next time. He was too baby faced.
I've always loved Wolverine and Gambit but just cause they're poplular doesn't make them the focus of the Marvel universe.
bacically to me Hollywood is saying the audiences are too stupid to handle more than one concept at a time (Pheonix and the Shi-ar) and that they are going to throw favorite characters at us with no true relation to the actual characters or stories.
I understand things have to be changed, but not everything.

and I never saw Bruno...thought it looked mind numbingly stupid.

Posted on: 6 01 10 01:40 pm

Fanboy Extraordinaire
From MiddleOfNowhere, Ohio
Level : 39; EXP : 52
HP : 0 / 963
MP : 795 / 53485
Quote:

ReddEra wrote:
ok, I could agree GI Joe was popcorn, but I wouldn't spend the money on it again.
Yeah, I liked Ryan Reynolds as Dead-Pool but I have no idea how they are going to do a movie for the character with out making it a prequel that will be inaccurate because those were not his powers or his background.
As for Gambit, the actor was ok, I think they could have picked a better one and told him to do a real Cajun accent next time. He was too baby faced.
I've always loved Wolverine and Gambit but just cause they're poplular doesn't make them the focus of the Marvel universe.
bacically to me Hollywood is saying the audiences are too stupid to handle more than one concept at a time (Pheonix and the Shi-ar) and that they are going to throw favorite characters at us with no true relation to the actual characters or stories.
I understand things have to be changed, but not everything.

and I never saw Bruno...thought it looked mind numbingly stupid.
You gotta remember, Redd, that even though these characaters have been around for decades, most mainstream people don't even know that they still make comic books anymore [Most folks think that the they just keep reprinting the original stories from the past and don't make new stories up every month and have for decades.] so this is their first exposure to these characters and that's what script writers thinks gives them carte blanche to write them however they see fit. Sure, it's what makes guys like me, who've read all these stories, point out the inaccuracies in the character's origins, battles and love lives but the majority of the audience? They're a clean slate so, just like children, you can tell them anything you want and they'll buy it.

Posted on: 6 01 10 03:43 pm

From Canada
Mf,
I would say most people just don't care rather then are wrong. They probably have never even thought about it. For example, I do not care about baseball. Not even a little bit. I barely know the rules of the game, I do not know a single player that is currently playing the games name. I do not know any team names for sure. I just do not care. When someone tries to talk baseball to me, I do not know A single thing about it and don't want to know anything about it. So when they tell me Jimmy James has a rbi of some weird number, I just do not care and I tell the person I don't watch or like baseball. I think a lot of people are like that about comics. It doesn't interest them at all so they just do not care, now most people probably are not as blunt as me and will try to be friendly and talk to you about them, this will never end well

Posted on: 7 01 10 10:01 am

Fanboy Extraordinaire
From MiddleOfNowhere, Ohio
Level : 39; EXP : 52
HP : 0 / 963
MP : 795 / 53485
Quote:

Winterhawk wrote:
Mf,
I would say most people just don't care rather then are wrong. They probably have never even thought about it. For example, I do not care about baseball. Not even a little bit. I barely know the rules of the game, I do not know a single player that is currently playing the games name. I do not know any team names for sure. I just do not care. When someone tries to talk baseball to me, I do not know A single thing about it and don't want to know anything about it. So when they tell me Jimmy James has a rbi of some weird number, I just do not care and I tell the person I don't watch or like baseball. I think a lot of people are like that about comics. It doesn't interest them at all so they just do not care, now most people probably are not as blunt as me and will try to be friendly and talk to you about them, this will never end well
If they don't care about comics, then why are they going to see movies about them? Can't just be because they have kids. Or is it that they're action movie fans that don't give half a crap about plot and just want to see stuff get blown up? [That explains why Transformers 2 made $400 million perfectly.)

Posted on: 7 01 10 10:36 am

From Canada
I would say people might not care about comics but they like action movies.
Plus don't forget the millions of dollars hollywood spends on advertisement to make sure people go see the movies.
I know people that have never read a comic that are fans of superhero movies.

Posted on: 7 01 10 12:08 pm

superhero
Level : 19; EXP : 24
HP : 0 / 456
MP : 143 / 22620
Quote:

Winterhawk wrote:
Plus don't forget the millions of dollars hollywood spends on advertisement to make sure people go see the movies.

Prime example right here! Aside from a couple of Deadpool graphic novels I happened to come across and the Dark Horse AvP series, I don't read comics, yet I love comic-book movies.

Posted on: 7 01 10 04:06 pm

From Canada
Quote:

Yunners wrote:
Quote:

Winterhawk wrote:

Prime example right here! Aside from a couple of Deadpool graphic novels I happened to come across and the Dark Horse AvP series, I don't read comics, yet I love comic-book movies.

See another one

Posted on: 8 01 10 09:06 am

superhero
From Hyattsville, MD
Level : 13; EXP : 48
HP : 0 / 312
MP : 69 / 18786
But does that give the writers complete card blanche to strip away decades of history just for the sake of a dollar? Think about the creative energy it took to build the live that these fictional character have. If I were the creator of such fictional histories I would want to sue for copywrite infringement reguardless of the fact that the studio had to buy said copywrite. I understand some of the changes that are made because science has advanced since some of those characters were created. But come on, putting a character in a story that should have only been a baby when wolverine got the adamantium. That is just down write wrong.

Posted on: 11 01 10 11:20 pm

From Canada
well I personally do not think a movie has to be a copy of the comic to be good. Take a look at the dark knight. I have read a lot of batman comics over the years and none of them were even close to this movie, They didn't even try to make it a copy of the comic. They took the characters and made a new story. I have no problem with this at all and really enjoyed the movie.
Now hollywood has done really good jobs like the dark knight and really bad jobs like catwoman. the thing that is important is the characters personality IMHO. I really don't care much. Much like the problem with star trek until they rebooted it is that trying to please the fan boys on a property that has been around with thousands of backstories and make everything fit into continualty while introducing it to the mass audence is an impossibility. That and some things work great on the page but do not work on screen.

Posted on: 12 01 10 09:55 am

superhero
From Hyattsville, MD
Level : 13; EXP : 48
HP : 0 / 312
MP : 69 / 18786
you are correct, concerning movies versus the comic book. in fact carbon copy is not what I was talking about. when doing a movie it should be something new. it makes things interesting. In the case of batman and dark knight, the movie writers at least kept with the spirit of the characters and every thing appeared logical and coherent. Even with the new Star trek reboot (here I am a fanboy) they took the spirit of everything that is trek and reworked it for a new generation but all the elements are still there. with wolverine too many things seem out of place. too many things seem forced and out of sequence. just a thought.

Posted on: 14 01 10 08:57 pm

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.