Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
65 user(s) are online (20 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 65

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Homework
Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 84815
Quote:
So, depending on your timeframe, count me in.
No dead lines, This is going to be an ongoing thing people can sign up and drop out at any time. I am going to run a very loose ship on this one. I know you are busy Matrix so I won't give you homework yet, I will wait till you at least post EVA.

Batmic - OK I have put a lot of thought in to this, and here is what I came up with. I would like to see you do a Multiple character action shot. Preferably with the characters Interacting with each other. Special effects are optional, But I would like to see character interaction with this picture.

Posted on: 16 08 04 08:33 am

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Homework
vigilante
Level : 5; EXP : 27
HP : 0 / 106
MP : 14 / 6441
As long as there's no deadline, I'll join in.
I'm curious as to which of my many weaknesses you'll target.

Posted on: 16 08 04 10:22 am

Re: Homework/Challenge Thread
Heromorph's Computer Plague (invented twittering)
From a result of bad parenting
Level : 24; EXP : 56
HP : 0 / 589
MP : 245 / 34566
So, no takers on the whole "need to work on backgrounds" thing (I knew I shouldn'ta told you all I was already workin on one).
Anyways, fire away when ready; I'll be posting EVA soon. I could probably work on her forever, but I need to move on, it has been 2 months (just let it go...).
I had another idea, but I will table that and wait to see what you come up with.

MatrixBlur ol' buddy ol' pal... shine your shoes? -Brick

Um... okaay. (why do you want to shine my shoes?)

Posted on: 17 08 04 01:17 pm

I need constant supervision. Then I could see through chick's clothes.

And More Homework
From Canada
Ok Boys.

Sleepenemy- Textures, I have noticed you are the king of smooth, you do latex perfectly but I noticed that you have a very distinct lack of textures. My homework to you would be to have a character/characters in a manip with some textures on their costumes. Maybe Metamorpho, he has lots of textures on him, or someone with fur or chain mail, something like that.

MatrixBlur-- Cloth. Do a manip with lots of fabric. Think big flowing and hanging cloth. I will leave you with that. Have Fun.

Does any one need help with their homework? If anyone needs any assistance just ask. I know I will help and I am sure everyone else here will be willing to give a hand.

Posted on: 18 08 04 10:14 pm

Homework
Heya all, as some of you have seen i've done my first manip of Devilboy. I'm getting some stuff from people at school to do but i'm looking to improve my skills. Can someone start giving me stuff to do?

Cheers and Peaces Out

Posted on: 28 08 04 04:34 am

From Canada
Sorry, I was busy and forgot about this Darkest.

Your homework- is to do a manip of a character wearing latex. Really get some details like wrinkles and highlights.

Posted on: 30 08 04 12:10 pm

Mr. The Mighty Lord *Krackaboom!*
From The Good Earth
Level : 44; EXP : 44
HP : 0 / 1086
MP : 1092 / 64135
Quote:
Your homework- is to do a manip of a character wearing latex. Really get some details like wrinkles and highlights.

And no using that picture of Gillian Anderson wearing the latex suit: Kalllisti's already beaten you to it!

BB

Posted on: 30 08 04 12:20 pm

Homework
I've just done up my first manip and am looking for homework so i can improve myself. Cheers

Posted on: 30 08 04 05:27 pm

Re: winter's homework
From Canada
Quote:
thanks man, i feel really flattered by that. i had a quick look through some of your past pics and your stuff really is excellent but what i found was a distinct lack of capes. i would like to see you do a pic where the cape is the star, maybe a Spawn(the tattered look would be a real challenge) or Superman, or better yet a Magneto, that's one i have seen in a while.

Here you go, I spent more time on the cape then the rest of it best here it is buddy.
Click Here for my Homework.

Click here for my extra credit.A picture I did long ago devoloping my cape method.

Posted on: 13 09 04 02:27 pm

The Drunken Master...bows.
True wisdom never rests. A wise master listens to all council in turn, while a fool stumbles to his death in his own blindness.

I, the greatly feared Drunken Master himself, therefore hereby submit to all would-be sensai's.

And I now humbly ask, what excersizes would you have me perform?

-D.M.

Posted on: 3 10 04 04:08 pm

Re: The Drunken Master...bows.
From Canada
Hey Eye- here it is.
I noticed that you like to make your manips in original costumes. I want to see you do a manip of a well known character from Marvel or DC in the costume the comic book creators have given her. No deviation in the costume design. Use a fully nude model, no swimsuit or lingerie modifications.

Posted on: 4 10 04 09:30 pm

Hmmm.... interesting.
An interesting challenge. Yes, I usually let the lines go where they want to on my originals. Frank Lloyd Wright's my inspiration on much of the Zen of that, and 1 in 10 or so kicks serious ass when I'm through with it. Doing it the copyrighted way just seems so cookie-cutter to me...but OK, I asked for a challenge. (And I understand that creativity is measured by what you started with, not by what you finished with). And the big lawyer shops (meaning DC/Marvel) don't give us much (I ain't impressed with their creativity).

Well known... my heart's really only beat for the big four: Super Girl, Marvel Girl, Power Girl, and Rogue, so it'll be one of those.

Nude. Not a problem. More work, but not a problem.

I'll get to work on that right away...already sifting through my raw-image junkyard for something...

Thank you sensai. I'm sure I'll have learned things when I'm done that I can't see from here.

-V.E.

Posted on: 4 10 04 09:46 pm

Homework Assignment #1 completed. Next!
Ok, so I just posted "Bored With Bullets" under the Marvel Photomanip gallery (non-adult). Sorry, I don't own any comic books for reference, so I found a drawing someone did of her to take pattern from and stuck to that instead. Same difference to me. I'm just ghetto like that.

Hope U like. Had some fun making it.

So what should I be working on next?

BTW: Been thinking about the duels. I'm no longer the sort of chap who just pounds 10 people to get what I want, and I've probably already started to intimidate the easy folks out of challenging me anyway.
May I have a custom avatar for completing 10 homework assignments instead? Same output from me that way, and nobody has'ta get crushed.

RVSP.

-V.E.

Posted on: 5 10 04 06:03 pm

Re: Homework Assignment #1 completed. Next!
From Canada
That was fast Vagabond, OK so now I would like to see a comic book cover Manip from you, work on compostion and making it noticeable. Full picture plan background included. Check out the covers of r_o_c_i_n_a_t_e or the August challenge to get an idea of what I am looking for.
This Homework is trying to get you to plan your picture as a whole rather then just the model. I would like to see some sort of energy effect or use of powers. Have fun.

BTW: The homework is its own reward, no custom avatars for it. the only way to get one is to win a monthly challange or ten duels, or to have a winner of a specially labeled custom avatar give you one.

Posted on: 5 10 04 06:27 pm

The big cover-up.
Well, Ok. I guess you shrugged off my "NachtWaltz"...and a few others back on my site. Don't blame ya. My sketchings...well...um..."sketchy".

Ok, I'll do another, heavy artillery full-on photohack this time.

But I ain't puttin a barcode on it. I work for free.
Long live the Open Source Revolution!

What? Well that's just mean. You mean I gotta go beat up folks for a "bully" avatar? A year ago, I'd be at yer throat in a sec, but I'm reformed now. I may even throw a few deuls to help out a friend who deserves one. It just ain't fair. Sigh. Nice guys get the crappy avatars.

And how do I keep the "vigalante" title around here? It just fits me best.

BTW...was lookin for your art and came up short. Care to hint me with where to look? Comawn, I show'd ya mine!

-V.E.

Posted on: 6 10 04 01:11 am

Re: The big cover-up.
Mr. The Mighty Lord *Krackaboom!*
From The Good Earth
Level : 44; EXP : 44
HP : 0 / 1086
MP : 1092 / 64135
Or, silly boy, you could win one of the Monthly Challenges. That's actually much easier, as far as I'm concerned.

This month's Challenge is a Holloween Theme (Why can't we ever do this Theme, in, like, April? Just wonderin...). Take any comic book character and put them in a Holloween Picture. Hey, if you make it a comic book cover, you'll kill two birds with one stone!

BB

Posted on: 6 10 04 06:10 am

Re: The big cover-up.
From Canada
Quote:
BTW...was lookin for your art and came up short. Care to hint me with where to look? Comawn, I show'd ya mine!
You can find about 76 or so of the photomanips I have done right here at Heromorph, Including my very first one. just type in by winterhawk in the search to find them.

Quote:
Well, Ok. I guess you shrugged off my "NachtWaltz"...and a few others back on my site. Don't blame ya. My sketchings...well...um..."sketchy".
I was not looking at your line art but I was looking at your photomanips. The homework challenges are about Photomanips rather then other types of art.

Quote:
What? Well that's just mean. You mean I gotta go beat up folks for a "bully" avatar? A year ago, I'd be at yer throat in a sec, but I'm reformed now. I may even throw a few deuls to help out a friend who deserves one. It just ain't fair. Sigh. Nice guys get the crappy avatars.
The duels are not really about that, They are about the joy of competing with a friend. Take the current duels for example.
Me vs Black Alchemy (we both have custom avatars)
You Vs. Billy (Billy has a custom avatar)
You vs. Jr.(Jr. has a custom Avatar)

If it was only about the avatars no one would be playing

Posted on: 6 10 04 09:14 am

Ah.
Ah, there you are. Sorry, still getting used to the nav around here. Some good stuff in there. Say 5 or so of the bunch. About the same ratio of gold to ore I get in my stuff, so pretty good. I tagged the ones I liked. Some good creativity there.

Ok, so you've seen my "Psylocke: Sanitarium" by now. Who sez portraits don't make good covers? I guess I'm just the artzy-graphic-novel type, that's all.

Glad you liked. I meant it for some serious assets mule kicking, "blow people's minds with our high voltage rock" kinda thing.

Next assignment? (BTW: you'd be payin $300 per shot (and up) to boss a pro artist around like this )

Kinder, friendlier competition? That's refreshing. My appologies. This new attitude'll take me a minute to settle into. I was quite the warlord at my last gig, old habits die hard, but I'm trying to reform. 'preciate your patience w/ me.

-D.M.
(I figure I can use my title openly now after "Sanitarium")

Posted on: 7 10 04 11:03 pm

vigilante
From GAUTENG S.A
Level : 3; EXP : 41
HP : 0 / 60
MP : 7 / 3340
hey
thats a great idea im still pretty new to this whole experience and well you guys are far more advanced them me here in south africa there is not a heck of a lot of guys interested in stuff like this and i wanted to get started so send me on my way guys ....
oh this site is so shweet boet you guys really done a great job .....
all hail the creators

Posted on: 29 05 05 10:50 pm

Gold Member
Level : 26; EXP : 74
HP : 0 / 643
MP : 299 / 38061
Can I play too.
I did't do to well last time we did this. Hope I make it this time

Posted on: 31 05 05 06:44 pm

Account*