Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
73 user(s) are online (30 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 73

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Affleck as Batman???????
Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81700
I call Bullshit and normally I joke when I say "This movie is going to suck".... BUT... this movie is going to F**KING suck.
I posted this earlier on Facebook on one of my buddies pages that said he was excited. I am wondering if he is mentally OK.

"Oh thank god... he is just not-acting in the new superman film. Phew. I was about to say that the Batman franchise was dead to me because of this lack of casting. I read a while back that the studios are wanting to release a new Dark Knight series of movies... Groan... and the list of actors they are looking at are Josh Brolin, Ryan Gosling, Joe Manganiello, Richard Armitage, Max Martini and Matthew Goode. Where is Affleck on this list? He isn't... SOOOO here we go....
The problem with DC and Warner Brothers is that they have no continuity. Marvel has kicked ass with its' superhero movies because, so far, all the actors have returned to reprise their roles. There isn't a new Wolverine for every movie. Nor is there a new Tony Stark as Iron Man. BUT poor pathetic DC and Warner Brothers slap an "S" on the newest pretty face and the Cowl on, i guess, whom ever will play Batman.
The first round of nipple showing Batman movies were just dumb as hell. Michael Keeton, Val Kilmer, and George Cloony??? Are you freakin kidding me? They finally got something good with Bale. And then they take two steps forward and three steps back and cast Affleck? I can tell you right now, he is not an actor... Ha added NOTHING to "Argo". Other than directing a decent film. I did not think it lived up to the hype.
And with this being said... this movie will be the FIRST superhero movie that I wait to come out on Netflix. It is simply going to suck. Hell, I didn't like the Re-Re-Re-boot (I think that is one too many 'Re-s") of The Man of Steel, so, combine the "lack of acting capabilities" of Henry Cavill and the ZERO acting abilities of Affleck and you have a turd of a movie. But, school girls and soccer moms will flock to it so see the "pretty faces".
OH, and if Affleck does manage to become the next Dark Knight in the Batman series, the franchise is definitely dead to me. If they cast Kevin Smith to play Batman as "Silent Bob", I would be happier than their choice of that pathetic acting Mall Rat "Shannon".

Thoughs?

Posted on: 23 08 13 09:47 am

Re: Affleck as Batman???????
Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
Level : 47; EXP : 34
HP : 231 / 1158
MP : 1303 / 67640
yeah. WTF indeed! i was real excited when i heard they were going to make a superman/batman teamup..mostly because despite his acting deficiencies Cavil was born to be superman. it kinda worried me when i heard that batman had not been cast yet..but i thought that after the batman trilogy and this latest superman reboot..maybe DC is finally taking its movie making seriously! and then i saw it..."ben affleck to plat batman" and my heart just sunk! Goddamit DC just when we were starting to like your heroes on the big screen you suckerpunch us. you'd think at least the producer would listen to the comic fans or at the very least go watch 'daredevil'. well good thing is i doubt i'll be losing any money on this one at the box office.
way to go DC..JERKS!

Posted on: 24 08 13 06:00 pm

Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 84815
Quote:

JrMcDeath wrote:
I call Bullshit and normally I joke when I say "This movie is going to suck".... BUT... this movie is going to F**KING suck.
I posted this earlier on Facebook on one of my buddies pages that said he was excited. I am wondering if he is mentally OK.

"Oh thank god... he is just not-acting in the new superman film. Phew. I was about to say that the Batman franchise was dead to me because of this lack of casting. I read a while back that the studios are wanting to release a new Dark Knight series of movies... Groan... and the list of actors they are looking at are Josh Brolin, Ryan Gosling, Joe Manganiello, Richard Armitage, Max Martini and Matthew Goode. Where is Affleck on this list? He isn't... SOOOO here we go....
The problem with DC and Warner Brothers is that they have no continuity. Marvel has kicked ass with its' superhero movies because, so far, all the actors have returned to reprise their roles. There isn't a new Wolverine for every movie. Nor is there a new Tony Stark as Iron Man. BUT poor pathetic DC and Warner Brothers slap an "S" on the newest pretty face and the Cowl on, i guess, whom ever will play Batman.
The first round of nipple showing Batman movies were just dumb as hell. Michael Keeton, Val Kilmer, and George Cloony??? Are you freakin kidding me? They finally got something good with Bale. And then they take two steps forward and three steps back and cast Affleck? I can tell you right now, he is not an actor... Ha added NOTHING to "Argo". Other than directing a decent film. I did not think it lived up to the hype.
And with this being said... this movie will be the FIRST superhero movie that I wait to come out on Netflix. It is simply going to suck. Hell, I didn't like the Re-Re-Re-boot (I think that is one too many 'Re-s") of The Man of Steel, so, combine the "lack of acting capabilities" of Henry Cavill and the ZERO acting abilities of Affleck and you have a turd of a movie. But, school girls and soccer moms will flock to it so see the "pretty faces".
OH, and if Affleck does manage to become the next Dark Knight in the Batman series, the franchise is definitely dead to me. If they cast Kevin Smith to play Batman as "Silent Bob", I would be happier than their choice of that pathetic acting Mall Rat "Shannon".

Thoughs?

this

Posted on: 24 08 13 07:55 pm

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.
Create PDF from Post Print

The Metal Shinigami (Moderator)
From Kentucky
Level : 52; EXP : 13
HP : 255 / 1278
MP : 1716 / 72122
Sorry. Ben "Can't Act" killed any chance and hopes as daredevil. Now he is doing the same to Batman. Well played DC/Warner for insuring Marvel/Disney will always make the superior movies.

Posted on: 27 08 13 09:39 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81700

There is a petition that has over 74,000 signatures on it that wants Kanteck to be removed as Batman. Take that WB.

Posted on: 27 08 13 11:30 am

Dreamcatcher
From The Dream Dimension
Level : 32; EXP : 60
HP : 0 / 790
MP : 483 / 36218
I know I'm in the minority here but I have to say, Give Ben a chance. What we have to keep in mind is that we sturdy comic book fans always expect the worst when it comes to superhero movies because Hollywood usually treats superhero movies terrible. Marvel doesn't always have the same actor play the same character either or did you forget about Eric Bana and Edward Norton being the Hulk then the Avengers movie gives us an actor who surpassed them both (an actor I was at first disappointed to find out was replacing Edward Norton), Tobey McGuire IS Spiderman and Marvel replaced him with that horrible Andrew Garfield. The Punisher is a different actor in the Punisher and Punisher:Warzone yet Warzone was a better movie IMO. And what about the outrage when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker?? He received death threats, people hated his promo pictures of him in costume and then what happened? He is now considered the best Joker actor of all time. Sure Daredevil sucked but it sucked for a helluva lot more reasons than Ben Affleck. The Kingpin was badly cast, Colin Farrell over-acted, the plot was weak and Jennifer Garner looks more like Scarlet Witch than Elektra. In fact Daredevil was the only good thing about the movie. In closing I would also like to say the biggest difference between Bale and Affleck as Batman is this: To Bale Batman was just a job. To Affleck (a comic book geek) Batman is a dream come true. As fellow comic book geeks we should at the very least "Give Ben a chance". After all it could have been worse they could have cast Topher Grace as Venom...Oh that's right Marvel DID that..

Posted on: 30 08 13 02:34 pm

Gold Member
From Villainous hideout
Level : 22; EXP : 45
HP : 0 / 536
MP : 200 / 23570
My bad- went nuts.

I think Affleck will be ok.

Posted on: 10 09 13 12:34 am

deluded narcissist guru (Whateverator)
Level : 41; EXP : 53
HP : 0 / 1013
MP : 907 / 58406
You all liked the casting of Affleck as Batman so much... How do you like Bieber as Robin?

Posted on: 15 09 13 08:11 am

Super Into SuperGirl (HFC)
From The Better Island Of New Zealand
Level : 18; EXP : 72
HP : 0 / 443
MP : 135 / 25885

Posted on: 18 09 13 12:50 am

Dreamcatcher
From The Dream Dimension
Level : 32; EXP : 60
HP : 0 / 790
MP : 483 / 36218
Bieber as Robin?? That was a hoax he made so he could get attention. F--- Bieber.

Posted on: 3 11 13 11:53 am

Super Into SuperGirl (HFC)
From The Better Island Of New Zealand
Level : 18; EXP : 72
HP : 0 / 443
MP : 135 / 25885

Posted on: 24 01 14 02:48 am

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.