Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
69 user(s) are online (25 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 69

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Winterhawk Vs. Black Alchemy Judging results
Mr. The Mighty Lord *Krackaboom!*
From The Good Earth
Level : 44; EXP : 44
HP : 0 / 1086
MP : 1092 / 64126
Charrenging Chef-Brack Archemy!
Defending Chef-Wintelhawrk!

Weapon of choice-Same Base picture/pictures

Judges-Billy, Jr. McDeath, BikerBot

Theme Ingledient-Hot Blond chick with hands on hips!

Results:
Winterhawk
Sue Storm by Winterhawk
Sue Storm Animated by Winterhawk

Black Alchemy
Jesse Quick
Lady Pendragon

(If Winterhawk is allowed two, then Black Alchemy should be allowed two, as well.)

Allow me to judge first...

First of all, there were basically no stipulations for this Challenge, so judging should be base soley on technical quality and over all cleanliness. I think we might add a sub-category of overall seamlessness, but I think that won't matter.

Gentlemen, this one is truly tough.

Technical quality:
BA's Jesse is absolutely superb, I love the smoothness of the highlights and shading, and the wrinkles, especially under the gloves, out standing!
Winterhawk's Static Sue does get points for the shading under her breasts, but I have a problem with the edges of her uniform, especially on her left thigh.
BA's Lady Pendragon suffers from shadow seperation anxiety, I feel that armor should have more "depth".
Winterhawk's Animated Sue is, well, animated, so he gets big points for that.

Winner-tie!

Overall cleanliness:
BA's Jesse is the cleanest of the lot, hands down. The gloves, the arms of the suit, even the wrinkle shadow under her left armpit-superb!
Winterhawk's Static Sue has some edge issues.
BA's Lady Pendragon-again, attention to detail makes this the winner. The buckles, the necklace, the sword-excellent!
Winterhawk's Animated Sue is kind of pixelated-I know this is an inherent problem with .gifs, but you chose to animate, you must pay the piper.

Winner-Black Alchemy!

overall seamlessness:
For this sub-category, I am going to focus on her hair, specifically the one strand on the right side of her face. hair seems to be the most difficult thing to get right.

BA's Jesse-although there is not much there, I think he got the job done.
Winterhawk's Static Sue-it's very hard to tell, since she is a little smaller, but notice htat he left the enitre strand in.
BA's Lady Pendragon-Not applicable.
Winterhawk's Animated Sue-Again, pixelated.

Winner-Black Alchemy!

So, by a slight margin, I will have to say

Winner-Charrenging Chef-Brack Archemy!

Would the other two judges ring in please.

BikerBot

Posted on: 11 10 04 01:16 pm

Re: Winterhawk Vs. Black Alchemy Judging results
lurks in arcades (moderator)
From Asheville, North Carolina, USA
Level : 17; EXP : 75
HP : 0 / 418
MP : 120 / 24330
oh boy....this is gonna be tough....you both are VERY talented and are also my good buds, but i gotta do what i gotta do.....

ok.(deep breath)

first off...

WINTERHAWK: i think your sue is awesome...the seams look good to me, good shading, excellent wrinkles.

BLACK ALCHEMY: your jesse looks outstanding...i love her costume...i don't know about her that much, so i'm assuming you got the costume dead on...your costume work is amazing, wrinkles r in place,shading looks good...has a fabric look to it.

point to:BA

BLACK ALCHEMY: your lady pendragon looks incredible...i have to disagree with everyone that complained about te gold...i like it...it stands out...which although i've never seen gold armor before, but i'm sure its suppose too...i especailly like how you used your fine eye for detail, and added the pendant...nice touch.

WINTERHAWK: you went the extra mile and animated sue...I thought that was not only sneaky, but extremely creative...you did an excellent job with the smoothness of your animation...top notch work...

point:WINTERHAWK

now here is the hard part...i like them all so much...and you both are so talented...NOT to mention there are a lot of similarities in your work...if it weren't for the animation, i'd call this a tie...but i think that the .gif gives WH the slight advantage...

so, winner of my vote by the slightest margin...WINTERHAWK....

Posted on: 11 10 04 04:36 pm

Read on.
Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81700
Here we go??????? First off??????? I hate you guys??????? *Cartman*

I really liked both of these images. You guys are suburb artists??????? If only in y????????alls own minds.

SO, here it goes.

BA????????s costumes are really tight. I like how the form to the body. His metal work is also great! However I have a little bit of a problem with Jesse????????s glasses. They fit like my glasses use to, and I don????????t think a superheroes glasses would be crooked. Don????????t get em wrong, the glasses are executed great! Just a little cocked. But not enough to say ???????nay???????? to this image.

WH????????s Sue is top notch. The classic costume???????. The wrinkles are in the right places and the attention to her chest. Great work. I don????????t have a lot to say on this image because there isn????????t a lot wrong with it.

But, (there it is??????? the ???????But???????) I like that BA was able to whip out to excellent images in the allotted time. So???????. Unfortunately for WH, I am going to have to give it to BA. I know you both put a lot of work into these... I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade...

I am simply going on the technique and appeal of both sets of images, and sorry WH, but I like BA????????s just a little bit better.

WH??????? I like your Sue a lot! As a matter of fact, I like your theme better than BA????????s. I am more aquainted with Sue than I am either of BA????????s characters. But his over all look impressed me a little bit more and that is why I had to go with him. Now, WH, you can go back to hating me.

Man, why did you pick me as one of the judges??????? it is like trying to pick your favorite child???????

You guys rock.
JR

Posted on: 11 10 04 08:14 pm

Re: Read on.
From The Good Earth
Yeah, I want to chime in here:

I thought being a judge would be really cool, but it turns out that I feel like I would hurt someone's feelings, and you know, that sucks. Also, this Challenge could have gone either way, it was so narrow.

From now on, all my Judgements are going to be ties.

The Mighty BikerBot

Posted on: 12 10 04 06:34 am

Awwww
Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 84815
Quote:
I thought being a judge would be really cool, but it turns out that I feel like I would hurt someone's feelings

Awww, Come here you big knucklehead.

What did you do to hurt BA's feeling?
Cause I know I didn't get mine hurt.
He must of sprung for the better beer. I went with quality pizza but cheapped out on the beer. My bad Next time I'll know to go with the beer first, pizza second.

Posted on: 12 10 04 08:17 am

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Awwww
From The Good Earth
Now you're learning. And make sure I get my beer before Mayor McFeta gets his!

Posted on: 12 10 04 09:22 am

Cold BEER here!
Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81700
I can still be bougth... beer here first... before BB... and I could change my mind!

Posted on: 12 10 04 01:51 pm

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.