Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
68 user(s) are online (29 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 68

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Best of 2015 vote
Official Award
From Mammoth Mountain
Level : 53; EXP : 33
HP : 261 / 1308
MP : 1834 / 70474
Please choose your favorite...

OzZy's Best of 2015 Challenge

Tazman's Best of 2015 Challenge

DW'S Picks for Best of 2015

pijon's Best of Babes 2015

pijon's Best of Scifi 2015

drunkendragon's Best of 2015 challenge: "You make me Feel,,,"

pijon's Best of ACTION! 2015

pijon's Best Original Characters 2015

pijon's Best of Drawings2015

Starchild's Best of 2015

Posted on: 2 02 16 03:34 am

Re: Best of 2015 vote
Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81700
I was going to, sarcastically, say... hey, what about me? And then I looked... it has been over 2 years since my last post. DOH!!!

Good luck to all!!!

AND PEOPLE......VOTE!

Posted on: 2 02 16 12:29 pm

Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
Level : 47; EXP : 34
HP : 231 / 1158
MP : 1303 / 67649
i dunno guys. I'm having a tough time with this one. I never really approached this challenge like it was a contest and find it hard to judge it that way either but rather more of an artist tribute similar to the Inspiration Maps we did a while back. Not to sound snooty but basically all these are the same [save for pijon who broke his down to categories] and most of them have the same images. while i did vote for one i easily could have picked any of them. So why the rant? No reason i suppose, just wanted some attention since I cant post any artwork for a while.
Fantastic job not only to everyone who participated but also to all the great artists whose works were chosen.

Posted on: 3 02 16 09:18 am

The Metal Shinigami (Moderator)
From Kentucky
Level : 52; EXP : 13
HP : 255 / 1278
MP : 1716 / 72122
I thought it was a tribute of sorts as well. They are all awesome works.

Posted on: 3 02 16 12:35 pm

From United States
Level : 56; EXP : 3
HP : 275 / 1375
MP : 2121 / 71132
Quote:

JrMcDeath wrote:
I was going to, sarcastically, say... hey, what about me? And then I looked... it has been over 2 years since my last post. DOH!!!

Good luck to all!!!

AND PEOPLE......VOTE!

Damn, Jr... Now I'm thinkin' I'm so wishing I had thought to do a collage of white rectangles called the Best of the No-shows! ...but I did give you a slight nod. Though your name didn't make the artists list, your character Killer Bee (drawn by Taz) made my Best of Original Characters piece.
Quote:

StarChild wrote:
i dunno guys. I'm having a tough time with this one. I never really approached this challenge like it was a contest and find it hard to judge it that way either but rather more of an artist tribute similar to the Inspiration Maps we did a while back. Not to sound snooty but basically all these are the same [save for pijon who broke his down to categories] and most of them have the same images. while i did vote for one i easily could have picked any of them. So why the rant? No reason i suppose, just wanted some attention since I cant post any artwork for a while.
Fantastic job not only to everyone who participated but also to all the great artists whose works were chosen.

I agree that everybody did a terrific job on this one! I do see what you're saying , Star. I definitely think this one was more about tribute and gallery pride and less about competition. I certainly wasn't doing this to try to do this to win and in many ways, thought this the opposite of a competion since it seemed that for all the participants, it was more about paying tribute to others. I think of the vote as just part of how all the challenges are done but I can see how you would view them all as similar though I must say that I always have a hard time picking my vote for every challenge poll. Still, while I thought we all mostly approached this the same way and I really enjoyed being reminded of all those great pics in every entry, there was one, that for me, took a little more thoughtful and original approach to the challenge (certainly not mine!) than the rest so the decision is personally a little easier than usual but I can see your dilemma too.

Posted on: 3 02 16 06:53 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 84815
Quote:

pijon wrote:

Damn, Jr... Now I'm thinkin' I'm so wishing I had thought to do a collage of white rectangles called the Best of the No-shows!

I would definitely be one of those white rectangles.....

And Jr. 2 years pfffft. I haven't posted in three...Show some commitment.

Posted on: 4 02 16 09:09 am

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.

Herald
From halfway between limbo and purgatory
Level : 29; EXP : 95
HP : 0 / 723
MP : 392 / 43550
Sorry, I've been far too busy at work to participate in the "Best of" but I can vote :)

Posted on: 4 02 16 09:40 am

Gold Member
From Indiana, yeah, Indiana, stop laughing
Level : 32; EXP : 80
HP : 0 / 795
MP : 491 / 35773
I, too, thought this was a tribute challenge.
So I'd vote for all of 'em...
and for all of the works represented in each of 'em...

I will say this, as far as challenges go, this at least drew out one of the best participation numbers. All the monthly challenges should have so many entries!

And a great challenge it was, too. Not just 'cuz it made me go back through a whole year of postings, but it gave a chance for a lot of great works to get viewed again by everybody!
Great job to all the participants, all the artists represented, AND to the creator of the challenge itself--what a great idea!

So before I vote...
Are we voting for the best collage composition?
The best choices of pics within the collage?
The coolest background? :)

Posted on: 5 02 16 03:23 pm

Official Award
From Mammoth Mountain
Maybe sometimes two heads are better than one because this particular challenge was a team effort. 2 Moderators ideas came together on this one.
It is a tribute challenge. As to "how to vote", any standard you wish to apply is fine. Truthfully, I was undecided whether to put up a voting poll as you all are right, this challenge has nothing to do with competition. Since I am hearing some confusion as to how or whether we should vote on these, I'll allow for an additional option: if challenge participants prefer we not poll on this one and call it a "no contest", let your opinion be known. If there's majority agreement among participants, we'll just remove the poll. As far as I'm concerned, everybody wins on this one anyway.

Posted on: 5 02 16 10:49 pm

The Metal Shinigami (Moderator)
From Kentucky
Level : 52; EXP : 13
HP : 255 / 1278
MP : 1716 / 72122
I agree as this was a team effort, I vote poll removal. There were just too many awesome works to be voted one way of voting.

Posted on: 6 02 16 02:39 am

From United States
Level : 56; EXP : 3
HP : 275 / 1375
MP : 2121 / 71132
Quote:

Winterhawk wrote:
Quote:

pijon wrote:

Damn, Jr... Now I'm thinkin' I'm so wishing I had thought to do a collage of white rectangles called the Best of the No-shows!

Oh yeah, you definitely earned a white rectangle too! Of course, what those really really represent are peeps I'd most like to see back in the gallery (in spite of my admiration of yours and Jr's commitment )!

Yeah, I suppose this one really doesn't need a vote since each collage is really a set of votes on it's own. I say remove the poll too.

Posted on: 6 02 16 10:27 am

Official Award
From Mammoth Mountain
Well, the participants have spoken and I have listened.
The poll has been removed.

Again, big thanks to Tazman, OzZy, Dark Wanderer, pijon, Drunken Dragon and Starchild for taking the time to go through all those gallery pics and making such great choices for this challenge. It's official, you're all winners!

Cheers again to all whose gallery images were chosen as well:

Alex, B, Cattle, CMK24601, Comic B, Dark Wanderer, Darque Images, Darth_Paul, Daswook, Dragondack, drunkendragon, Efindel, Erotijoy, halcon89, hiram67, jebny, jgumpc, JinkyCoronado, JMPerkins, lordcoyote, Lord Kuyohashi, MachoBubba, MF, Mikeall, Nolen_Void, Obsidian, OzZy, pijon, PowermasterJazz, Robert2654, Sadman, Saur, scatwoman, StarChild, Tazman, Temporal Dave, tiangtam, vash99, Vektor and Whiz.

...just one more thing. I expect you all to make our gallery even better for 2016.

Posted on: 6 02 16 10:54 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81700
Quote:

Winterhawk wrote:
Quote:

pijon wrote:

Phew... I feel much better. I thought I was the only deadbeat. LOL. Come on Hawk, reset your timer... post something!!

Posted on: 10 02 16 11:49 am

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.