Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
50 user(s) are online (24 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 49

MilfordCan, more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

Re: Cloverfield
Time Lord!
From Knobblers Gob
Level : 36; EXP : 96
HP : 0 / 899
MP : 667 / 51832
Quote:
A new Star Trek movie? Oh gee... Forgive me, but after Wrath of Khan, which of the Trek TV shows or movies wouldn't have gone down like flaming turds if they didn't have Star Trek in the title?

Actually, the two overall best ST movies are "The Voyage Home" and "First Contact". "Wrath of Khan" just seems better since it followed the practically awful "Star Trek - The Motionless Picture".

"Voyage Home" is good just for the wet T-shirt Catherine Hicks and the Kirk/Spock interactions in San Fran.

And as far as "First Contact", ya just gotta love the fact that the first music played by man in a FTL ship is Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf.

Just my opinion on that, of course.

Oh, was this tread about Cloverfield? Sorry....

Posted on: 21 01 08 08:28 am

Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 85367
I haven't seen the movie yet, but I have to say, wit the sheer volume of information and trailers, hype, talk and buzz about this movie, how on earth could DD not know what sort of movie he was going to go see and how it was made. Everything I have seen about the show it has been pretty clear that this show is about a group of friends trying to survive a monster attack in New York filmed from their own point of view. I know personally that I will pretty much like this movie but I will wait fo it to be on dvd because I know I would get sick from the camera motions with such a big screen. I am still looking forward to the show though, but I also know exactly what I am getting into and find it quite hard to believe that someone wouldn't.

And Wasmith, Star Trek, those movies blow I used to watch star trek a lot on tv. I recently saw some of the Next generation episodes and they suck hard. I remember liking them, I then thought maybe I should watch some of the originals. They sucked even harder. Lastly I watched a couple of movies. They sucked More then Jr at a sheep farm. It seem star trek is not nearly as good as I remember it being. it is a shame really as I used to really like it. I guess I just out grew it. I wonder what Other shows and movies I remember liking a lot suck now.

Posted on: 21 01 08 12:09 pm

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.
Create PDF from Post Print

Gold Member
From If you don't know by now don't ask!
Level : 29; EXP : 22
HP : 0 / 705
MP : 369 / 40756
"They sucked More then Jr at a sheep farm." Damn Hawk you don't pull any punches do you? As far as going back and watching shows you used to like I would advise against it. You were young when you liked those shows, going back now and realizing how bad those shows actually are will only depress you by making you realize that you are getting old and that we didn't expect much when we were young. Be happy with the fact that you liked those shows as a kid. That way you don't have to break into the local liquor store to drown your sorry butt in Vodka!!

Posted on: 21 01 08 12:35 pm
I have a rendezvous with Death, at some disputed barricade, if maybe he should take my hand and lead me into his dark land and close my eyes and quench my breath. I have a rendezvous with death, and my pledged word am true, I have not failed that rende...

superhero
Level : 19; EXP : 57
HP : 0 / 464
MP : 148 / 27977
Quote:

Voltron2000 wrote:
well i did see that pic mc and if you read further into it you would have seen that it said it was a fans idea of what the monster might look like

Well, still haven't seen it yet, but from the flood of info on the net, I think I know what it looks like.

To put it in terms only a Dungeons and Dragons geek like myself (and Paton Oswalt) would know, its a 'Tarrasque' (and seems about as hard to kill ).

Posted on: 21 01 08 02:57 pm

The Metal Shinigami (Moderator)
From Kentucky
Level : 52; EXP : 13
HP : 255 / 1278
MP : 1716 / 72623
Sorry Chubs I can say that it is not LOL

Posted on: 21 01 08 03:00 pm

The Great Eternal Dragon
From Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
Level : 67; EXP : 49
HP : 664 / 1662
MP : 3751 / 98448
Quote:
how on earth could DD not know what sort of movie he was going to go see and how it was made. Everything I have seen about the show it has been pretty clear that this show is about a group of friends trying to survive a monster attack in New York filmed from their own point of view.

Well I did know pretty much about it before going to see it?
And I was giving it the benefit of the doubt ,hoping for a great movie as the trailer for the most part don't show it in first person camcorder?
But I really didn't know it was being shot in first person Camcorder!
Turns out a co-worker and I use the iCoke movie passes I have all the time and that one just came up on the rotation?

Please don't any one be angry for me saying it was crud but that's the way I feel about it,hard to believe it was shot for $25,000,000.00 ,must of been for all the fireworks and CGI.

Posted on: 21 01 08 09:08 pm

Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 85367
I don't think any is angry DD, I am just surprised that you didn't know.

Posted on: 21 01 08 10:10 pm

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.

The Great Eternal Dragon
From Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
Level : 67; EXP : 49
HP : 664 / 1662
MP : 3751 / 98448
Like I said you always gotta hope for the Best!

Well anyway here's for the smallscreen viewer that don't wanna go to the theaters:-

http://www.movierumor.com/watchonline/92/Cloverfield

Posted on: 21 01 08 10:53 pm

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 82268
Quote:

Dark_Wanderer wrote:
I saw it last night and personally I thought it was brilliant. I felt it lived up to the hype. It was brilliant because you are only following the story as told by those with the camcorder. they base it on a quasi reality of These people don't know where the monster came from so we are not going to know either. Why do WE need to know the whole back story of why was the monster there? Where did it come from? How do we stop it? No. we ARE the camera guy in the group as we run for our lives trying to survive.........bla...bla...bla.

I too agree with DW and Chilly.... this movie was fantastic!
I haven't left a movie in a long time thinking "Why the hell did they do that?" Just to follow up with the thought... "they had too so that they could make the movie" But I really liked the fact that no information was given on the monster and why it was there... etc...etc.... Made my imagination run for the first time, in a long time, about a movie. I want to go see it again to see if I can find stuff I missed. And seeing it on the big screen makes all the difference in the world.

Also... The Star Trek Trailer was another Coverfield teaser... It ends with "Under Construction...Christmas 2008" So, he (Abrams) is starting the hype early on this one as well.

And last... Voltron... it is a monster... Godzilla, Mothra, King Kong, Mother in laws, etc... it is simply a city destroying monster... with gills.

Posted on: 22 01 08 07:39 am

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.