Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

A legend is called home
Supreme being
From lost somewhere in Northwest Ohio
Level : 26; EXP : 0
HP : 0 / 625
MP : 280 / 36754
Bettie Page, the insiration for Cliff Secord's girlfriend in Dave Stevens' "The Rocketeer" has died. She was 85 years young.

Bettie was the original pin-up girl...and will be greatly missed.

Posted on: 12 12 08 03:42 am

Re: A legend is called home
Gold Member
From If you don't know by now don't ask!
Level : 29; EXP : 22
HP : 0 / 705
MP : 369 / 40637
DAMN IT!!!!! Why do all the legengs we love have to die? That really puts a real shitty spin to my day! Thanks for letting us know Wolf

Posted on: 12 12 08 04:08 am
I have a rendezvous with Death, at some disputed barricade, if maybe he should take my hand and lead me into his dark land and close my eyes and quench my breath. I have a rendezvous with death, and my pledged word am true, I have not failed that rende...
Create PDF from Post Print

Supreme being
From lost somewhere in Northwest Ohio
Level : 26; EXP : 0
HP : 0 / 625
MP : 280 / 36754
Quote:

Masterchief wrote:
DAMN IT!!!!! Why do all the legends we love have to die? That really puts a real shitty spin to my day! Thanks for letting us know Wolf

Alan Seegar, eh? I'd have figured you would quote Emily Dickinson's "Because I could stop for Death", instead.

Either way, I have to agree about all of the legends dying on us. They come flame brightly if but for a moment; then, like the 'candle burning at both ends'...they fade away, leaving those of us left behind but a memory of their passing by us...

Posted on: 12 12 08 12:16 pm

Gold Member
From Brooklyn, NY
Level : 30; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 737
MP : 410 / 35696
This really chokes me up. I was a huge Bettie fan. A tragic life, but she brought joy to millions.

Posted on: 12 12 08 04:58 pm

Gold Member
Level : 15; EXP : 5
HP : 0 / 351
MP : 86 / 18429
And another legend Forrest J. Ackerman, who actually coined the term "Sci-Fi" and did more to promote the genres we all love than anyone alive, died on December 4th from heart failure at age 92.

Posted on: 14 12 08 11:56 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 82029
Quote:

Krasch wrote:
And another legend Forrest J. Ackerman, who actually coined the term "Sci-Fi" and did more to promote the genres we all love than anyone alive, died on December 4th from heart failure at age 92.

Is it really heart failure at age 92? I think his heart just ran out of beats... And I hate to break it to you guys... but we are all dying... some just take longer than the rest. To be honest, I didn't even know Bettie was still alive. I don't know about her life... but like Hisstoryman said... she entertained millions. RIP!

Posted on: 15 12 08 01:59 pm

Gold Member
Level : 15; EXP : 5
HP : 0 / 351
MP : 86 / 18429
Quote:

JrMcDeath wrote:
Quote:

Krasch wrote:

Is it really heart failure at age 92? I think his heart just ran out of beats... And I hate to break it to you guys... but we are all dying... some just take longer than the rest. To be honest, I didn't even know Bettie was still alive. I don't know about her life... but like Hisstoryman said... she entertained millions. RIP!

well in his case I'd say yes it is heart failure as I recall he'd ben having issues on that sort for a good while now.

Posted on: 17 12 08 10:03 pm

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.