Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 145

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Superman - The Man Of Steel
Super Into SuperGirl (HFC)
From The Better Island Of New Zealand
Level : 18; EXP : 72
HP : 0 / 443
MP : 135 / 25988
Have recently heard that Zack Snyder is directing the new Superman reboot with David S Goyer writing and Christopher Nolan producing.
What are peoples thoughts on this? I have seen 300 and Watchmen when it comes to Zack Snyder movies and didn't really like 300 to be honest, to much slow-mo stuff.

Posted on: 9 10 10 09:12 pm

Re: Superman - The Man Of Steel
Fanboy Extraordinaire
From MiddleOfNowhere, Ohio
Level : 39; EXP : 52
HP : 0 / 963
MP : 795 / 53708
With Christopher Nolan on board, I'm much more confident that this movie will be a vast improvement over Superman Returns. Now the more I'm hearing about the new Spider-Man movie, on the other hand,...

Posted on: 12 10 10 08:39 am

Gold Member
From Lima, OH
Level : 20; EXP : 41
HP : 0 / 485
MP : 162 / 22742
Gotta say, even though Batman Begins and The Dark Knight were absolutely brilliant, I have to wonder if DC's motivation behind allowing him to take charge of this project has anything to do with the direction I heard they want to take all their films, which is "dark and edgy". The decision to do this was based on the overwhelming success of The Dark Knight, but what they don't realize is that "dark and edgy" won't work for all of DC's heroes. We don't want another Spider-Man 3, do we? I personally don't wanna see our favorite Kryptonian with his hair covering his eyes and with My Chemical Romance posters covering the walls of his fortress. I mean, we got enough of Emo Clark Kent during the middle few seasons of Smallville, untill Gaugh and Millar gave up the reins. No, "dark and edgy" is not the direction that Superman should go in, and if that's the plan, which it's looking like it is, more and more, just seeing that Zack Snyder is directing, then I may just boycott this movie. Take it from me. This is coming from someone who loves Superman so much that he has the 'S' shield tattooed on his right shoulder and the word "HOPE" in Kryptonian letters tattooed down his left shoulder. Let's just hope that Nolan and Snyder understand what makes this character so iconic and just stick to that, and I'll believe they can pull it off when I see it.

Posted on: 12 10 10 07:59 pm

Superman has always been my favorite Super Hero

Posted on: 14 10 10 12:15 am
Create PDF from Post Print

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 82029
Wait... they are doing another Superman movie? Why? Donn't get me wrong, I like Superman... but enough is enough.
But hey, if they can pull off a good movie... I will see it. So, until the movie comes out, all I can say is... Its going to suck.

Posted on: 14 10 10 12:21 pm

Bat Junkie...and who took my meds???
From Mexico City (we don't wear hats)
Level : 40; EXP : 93
HP : 0 / 998
MP : 873 / 60359
Quote:

JrMcDeath wrote:
Wait... they are doing another Superman movie? Why? Donn't get me wrong, I like Superman... but enough is enough.
But hey, if they can pull off a good movie... I will see it. So, until the movie comes out, all I can say is... Its going to suck.

For what I hear is going to be a total relaunch, and Christopher Nolan is involved in the project...this could be the superman movie we all wanted to see.

Posted on: 17 10 10 11:54 am

Gold Member
From Lima, OH
Level : 20; EXP : 41
HP : 0 / 485
MP : 162 / 22742
Once again, I'll believe it when I see it. I loved Watchmen and 300. Those 2 movies were very similar in tone, which is what Zack Snyder does best. I'm very confident in his ability to make a good movie, I'm just not sure he's the right choice to make a good SUPERMAN movie.

Posted on: 17 10 10 07:03 pm

Bat Junkie...and who took my meds???
From Mexico City (we don't wear hats)
Level : 40; EXP : 93
HP : 0 / 998
MP : 873 / 60359
Quote:

thestarkiller wrote:
Once again, I'll believe it when I see it. I loved Watchmen and 300. Those 2 movies were very similar in tone, which is what Zack Snyder does best. I'm very confident in his ability to make a good movie, I'm just not sure he's the right choice to make a good SUPERMAN movie.

So lets just wait and hope for the best

Posted on: 28 10 10 12:49 am

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.