Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (37 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Some future artworks of mine opinions / critiques etc welcome
mutant
From California
Level : 9; EXP : 30
HP : 0 / 207
MP : 35 / 11364
I plan on doing some future art pieces however don't always know how they look to others and often do not get any critiques, either good, or bad

My art is a mixture of digital art, photomontage, sometimes photoalteration

In the past i used base images such as the Iron man delivery santa in a marvel flyer ad
and made it into the iron man santa in my gallery

My newest image to make will be a remake of Marvel Zombies from this old image

http://graffikarts.zoomshare.com/0.shtml/NewWorks left link

I no longer have original however I will redo all the main characters except Galactus and clean him up from the image to the left

This is based upon a 2 page spread of Marvel zombies series 1 #4

however doing so many characters, and in zombie fashion is a tricky thing to do especially noting to make them Dirty, and zombie looking

More modern updates of this type of art may be seen in my galleries -
You may critique the art if you wish but it's going to be changed and modernized

and it would be nice to get help when I make it to say what i do wrong on images to improve

While oldest images sometimes are similar to tracing ,new ones are much more elaborate and bast upon freehand drawing of them, though may sometimes use base images for position but not the image itself

A quick rough draft on the hulk here -> NO it's not going to remain this way i was just toying with ideas putting real images of hair on him and what the modern update of teeth on them might look like - I will not be using as much textures this time unless they are less noticeable

a quick version of Wolverine - though it will be completely redone - to get peoples opinions on it

http://s516.photobucket.com/albums/u322/grafffik/RandomArt/?action=view¤t=sample-2222222.jpg

Posted on: 18 06 12 02:15 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

Re: Some future artworks of mine opinions / critiques etc welcome
Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
Level : 47; EXP : 34
HP : 231 / 1158
MP : 1303 / 67983
i looked at your work and it's pretty good. my only question. if you are seeking veiws, critiques or help. then why are you posting your images on Photobucket rather than here in HM's galleries? you are a valid Heromorpher aren't you?

Posted on: 19 06 12 01:09 am

mutant
From California
I can edit, and replace images on Photobucket -isn't the galleries here for finished works not works in progress? And I Left images up there for over a year with little or no responses on some.

Yes I have a valid account though not gold - just trying to acutally get opinions / suggestions which I don't usually get there
And this is unfinished more a pet project
Also in a forum like this I can show some new projects and stuff and get opinions before finished

Posted on: 19 06 12 09:33 am

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 82120
The responses to artwork has been a little slack over the last year or so. So I wouldn't expect a ton of Critiques of your work here. If I feel like typing something up, I normally do. But I am guilty of not posting my opinion on images. And believe me... I am FULL of opinions. Once you finish them up, post them here.

Posted on: 19 06 12 12:39 pm

mutant
From California
How some of my art is done - http://s516.photobucket.com/albums/u322/grafffik/RandomArt/?action=view¤t=IronMan-template2.jpg

(note this is an earlier template)

I use solid area templates such as I did on this iron man template I used the gold-green re-colored section after the #1 on the image Moving the sections of it till it felt right, and applied shadowing / hightones sometimes leaving as-is

Under "2 earlier choices" was earlier samples i abandoned diff metals

"1 used" is the one used based upon the gold re-colored pot

The Pot was used in all of iron mans yellow areas

(final image is in my galleries)
Red was a different base metal

I do not know anyone else who ever makes them like this - I used to make similar photomanipulations like 10 years ago bt in MS Paint

Posted on: 19 06 12 01:59 pm

mutant
From California
Help me decide which you like better of these rough drafts of galactus

simple -> http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u322/grafffik/RandomArt/face-0001.jpg

More advanced -> http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u322/grafffik/RandomArt/face-0002.jpg

in both cases using metal imagery as the basis in later I used a metal garbage can for the base

Posted on: 23 06 12 09:14 pm

The Metal Shinigami (Moderator)
From Kentucky
Level : 52; EXP : 13
HP : 255 / 1278
MP : 1716 / 72490
Why not just do a completed image of both, one with metal and one with out? Just keep the Photoshop or Paint Shop( Which ever program you use) in the raw layered format? and then ask the question. As it stands the metal will take presence as it looks more complete.

Posted on: 23 06 12 09:22 pm

mutant
From California
There is several characters on this image - and being as it's a large size some will appear small when done - It has hulk, spiderman, wolverine, Luke Cage, Iron Man, Galactus, Giant man (ant-man)
each one has to be rendered, once I apply the sections I can't really re-do them so doing an image like you suggest means doing the entire image, then going back starting over and doing it the other way
Or even character by character it's not a simple matter of redoing it - it's starting over

I use Photoshop though the basics I used to do in MS paint, and Paintshop (that was years ago)
Also I may use several template images not one so opinions help even the 2nd image will be redone because I straightened and smoothed some of the art

plus I cannot do these all at once due to arm damage so I do them bits and pieces

None of this is excuses trying to explain why doing a "whole image" without opinions takes too long

Hulk is the hardest character for me to do - most of my art tries on him appeared horrible that will probably be last, and after I study some anatomy images for light suggestions

By the way I do these in 200 dpi and this is double page spread size

Oh before you ask - doing 200 dpi as double layer on a laptop as i'm doing would work If I had a more powerful cpu and memory capacity - I don't so I do with what I can so that's out

Posted on: 23 06 12 11:17 pm

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.