Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
88 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 88

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

thoughts on returning home....
lurks in arcades (moderator)
From Asheville, North Carolina, USA
Level : 17; EXP : 75
HP : 0 / 418
MP : 120 / 24330
Hello, everyone. Thank you for taking just a minute of your time to read this. I've been known to go on some pretty long rants in the forums before, and in doing so, i have probably pissed more than a few morphers off..and for that i am truely sorry. But there comes a time when things just have to be said and this is my time. When i first came to this site, i thought my art was terrible (and believe me, it was) and i would get laughed off the internet. but you know what?

i didn't.

instead, i was met with kindness and sincerity, that you can only find in fan artists. eventually, i got better, and the more time i spent here, the more at home i felt. i made great friends along the way, no, i won't even call them friends, they became my brothers and sisters. And no matter what happened along the way good or bad, we all knew we could come here and in some small way, things were OK. everything was right in the universe, even if it was only for as long as we were logged in.

I'm not saying that we had no strife....far from it, but through it all, there was a feeling of camaraderie and community here...you could always find someone here to talk too, and you never felt as if you were alone here. I had to take some time away because, lets face it, life got in the way, which it is always apt to do.

recently, i have returned, greeted by those who knew me, and some who didn't, and for that i am very grateful, but at the same time, i am saddened by what the site has become. please don't take this as knocking anybody in particular at all...I'm only saying that hero morph has become more mechanical than human. I think that some members don't realize just how much an encourage comment or post can boost an artists confidence and drive them to bigger and better heights in their work. Or exactly how much the simple act of saying hello in the shout box(no, it's not the same thing as the search box :) )can mean to a fellow morpher.

while some can be perfectly happy as lurkers, i just know in my heart that we can restore heromorph to her past glory if we all work together at it. This is the reason i try to goad people into talking in the shoutbox...i just want my heromorph back, and i want all of the new members to get the full effect of our home and our community here...heromorph was never just a site, she wasn't designed to be, but rather, an experience. I thank you for your time, and patience in reading this, and i hope i'm not the only one who feels this way.

your brother in art,
billy

now, back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Posted on: 16 08 11 10:55 am

Re: thoughts on returning home....
The Metal Shinigami (Moderator)
From Kentucky
Level : 52; EXP : 13
HP : 255 / 1278
MP : 1716 / 72122
We touched on a lot of this last night, and I agree.

Posted on: 16 08 11 12:55 pm

Guardian of the Great White North (Webmaster)
From Canada
Level : 57; EXP : 32
HP : 281 / 1408
MP : 2270 / 84815
Hey Man, good post.

I know I don't socialize much here anymore. I do spend about 2 -3 hours a week on the site now. I used to be able to spend more time then that each day. But things for me have changed and responsibilities have changed. I still love Heromorph and probably always will. The one thing I find is that the site itself for me is all work now.
I spend most of my time deleting spam. deleting and banning spammer accounts and IP addresses. I spend probably 95% of my heromorph time trying to control the insane amount of spam posting we get.
The contact me sections for both the main site and the store are constantly getting spammed to death, I think I will probably just shut those off. since they generally get 100 spam for each legit response for the past couple of months anyway.
As for the store section. I think it was a mistake. It barely generates any income and is mostly a headache. It is extremely surprising to me how upset people get when you try to provide people free things.
Anyway enough of my complaining and excuses. Good to have you back Billy, I missed you and look forward to finding you in the shoutbox.

Posted on: 16 08 11 05:48 pm

Driver picks the music, shoutgun shuts their cakehole.
Create PDF from Post Print

lurks in arcades (moderator)
From Asheville, North Carolina, USA
Level : 17; EXP : 75
HP : 0 / 418
MP : 120 / 24330
hello my morphing brothers and sisters,

if you guys have noticed that i haven't been here a lot lately, it's not becuase i don't want to be, i've just been busy with some stuff in my personal life. i'm hoping that everything will work out soon, so that i can come back to the fold more often. i just wanted to take a second and let you all know that you all are in my thoughts and prayers, and i hope to see ya'll again real soon. i also want to wish everyone a very happy and safe thanksgiving!

Posted on: 23 11 11 06:35 pm

Dreamcatcher
From The Dream Dimension
Level : 32; EXP : 60
HP : 0 / 790
MP : 483 / 36218
You know when I first found Heromorph it lit a fire in me that I had long thought burned out. I hadn't been inspired to draw a thing in over 10+ years then I found this site and those creative juices started flowing again. When I first started to post art here I had no idea what I was doing I never painted digital art and if you look at my early stuff you could see how much of a rookie I was. The comments and critiques by you Heromorphers taught me a lot and kept the fire burning. For me the comments are just as important as the art being posted and every comment means a lot to me. Although I never met any of you guys face to face I just wanted you all to know that I consider everyone here family and I am thankful to be able to share art on this site.
as Stan Lee would say
Excelsior

Posted on: 25 11 11 06:18 pm

The Vampire Layer
From Springfield, Mo
Level : 9; EXP : 70
HP : 0 / 217
MP : 38 / 12258
Welcome back Billy ! I too don't spend as much time here anymore, But I want everyone to know I miss chatting with you all.. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season.. My life too has changed alot and I am more busy in my personal life. My daughter married last year and is returning to college this spring.I may pop in from time to time, but I wanted you all to know I haven't forgotten you all.. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !!

Posted on: 9 12 11 04:46 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Create PDF from Post Print

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.