Main Menu
Search

Advanced Search
or try google search
HM's Goodies and such
Become a Gold member!

Click Here for more Details about gold Memberships or click the Icon above to donate. Remember to include your Username with donations.
Who's Online
73 user(s) are online (26 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 73

more...
advertisements
Your
AD
Here!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

CALL TO ARMS : ATTENTION HEROMORPHERS!!!!! READ....NOW...please.
Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81700
Attention Heromprohers!!!!!!

Wolf, one of our oldest members, has been an active member here since 2004. In eight years he has made a bunch of comments on artwork and has helped us to have some of the most epic, and disturbing, conversations in the shoutbox.
Most of you newcomers probably don?t know him because he has been away from the site for some time with some personal issues. Mainly, his health.

?Wolf, tell us your story.?
?Thanks JR., I will. **Clears Throat**:?
Quote:

On 19 October 2010, (the day before my 54Th Birthday) I had a stroke; right side of head. One of the ladies from my ward came to visit me... and we started dating, which was good. Then, on 29 July, 2011, I was diagnosed with a massive brain infection...was given a 10--15% chance of surviving...which, thanks to the wonderful people at the Toledo Hospital Neurological ICU, I managed to do. Sandy and me started talking about getting married...as I was not getting any younger, you know.

On 22 October, 2011, I was married to Sandy at the Columbus, OH Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-day Saints; and it was starting to look like we had a bright future together. But, the shit really hit the fan about two weeks later. 5 days before the wedding, I was having back pain like you would not believe. They spotted a shadow on the liver; took a biopsy. On 4 November, with Sandy holding my hand for dear life, we were informed that I had Stage 4 Metastatic Cancer of the liver; which had started in the pancreas. And, yes, it is terminal.

The cancer has now started it's work on the upper right portion of my lungs...and we are hitting it with every type of chemo that there is. (some of the chemicals run around $992 per dose...about 5-6oz in liquid size) I've had good days, where I could function like there was nothing wrong...and there have been a lot of days where I could barely stagger to the pooper...and some where the intake of the chemo bags at the Hickman Cancer Treatment Center made me puke up everything. Today is the 2nd day this week I've been able to go online... and close up shop with those I've shared the good times with... I'm on face book... that's where Sandy has promised to post my departure notice.

Guys...we had some great times together...all the on-line quibs, jokes..."will JR EVER grow up...and clean out His Box?? Or the infamous "Who should play Wonder Woman"...the thread that threatened to take the site over. The duels...the contests...the "Xmas Gifts"...ahhh, the memories...we share them all...don't we?

You have yourselves a good life...and, hopefully, I'll see you 'Over There'...and, prayerfully, I WILL find the time to stop by and change JR's litter box--LOL!

Charlie Edward Tennant ?Wolf?

So, before our brother in arms leaves this world for the great beyond, where he is sure to be greeted with a cold beer, a killer lazy boy that massages your back and calves, a pair of those fuzzy toed house shoes, and a killer laptop to keep an eye on Sandy and all of us morons?. This is what we are going to do.

Lets show Wolf that we (the Heromorph Community? for those of you thinking ?Who is ?WE??) appreciate him as much as he has appreciated us over the years.

I asked Wolf how we could honor his life with some artwork and he said? quote ? [I don?t know? uhmmmmm] Anything to do with DR WHO. Can you Picture Amy and River Song as Dominatrices decked out in Leather with whips, riding crops and handcuffs??

So, with this said, (or typed) lets get to work producing some artwork to celebrate Wolf! Dr. Who themed?.. BUT, If you are like me and you don?t know didly about The Doctor, don?t let this stop you from doing anything else. Any picture, any medium, any?. Uhm? well, just get busy.

When you post your image put ?For Wolf? in the subject line so that we know it is a dedication to our boy.

Thanks for your participation

Posted on: 28 09 12 08:35 am

Re: CALL TO ARMS : ATTENTION HEROMORPHERS!!!!! READ....NOW...please.
The Metal Shinigami (Moderator)
From Kentucky
Level : 52; EXP : 13
HP : 255 / 1278
MP : 1716 / 72111
I will object to anything pairing Amy and River: Spoilers as River is Amy's Daughter lol. But I like this Idea and getting on it asap

Posted on: 28 09 12 12:48 pm

Dreamcatcher
From The Dream Dimension
Level : 32; EXP : 60
HP : 0 / 790
MP : 483 / 36212
My Heart goes out to Wolf and his family. My eldest stepdaughter, Cameron (Ronnie) Vansant, passed away on 6/14/12 from a fierce battle with cancer. In her memory and in honor of Wolf I would be Honored to participate in showing Wolf how much he means to the Heromorph community.
AAAAWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Posted on: 28 09 12 04:08 pm

Gold Member
From Brooklyn, NY
Level : 30; EXP : 51
HP : 0 / 737
MP : 410 / 35525
I am jumping into my TARDIS and heading into the time stream.

Posted on: 28 09 12 04:31 pm
Create PDF from Post Print

Bat Junkie...and who took my meds???
From Mexico City (we don't wear hats)
Level : 40; EXP : 93
HP : 0 / 998
MP : 873 / 60120
Wolf:

I didn't knew that you were that sick, now that I know I'm shocked and I can't help to feel bad, your words made me sad and I wish I could do anything to help you feel better through this moments.

You will be always with us, and I'll pray for you and your family.

DK (Ra?l Maill?)

Posted on: 28 09 12 05:26 pm

Herald
From halfway between limbo and purgatory
Level : 29; EXP : 95
HP : 0 / 723
MP : 392 / 43544
I was never really one for showing emotion, in fact, I've been called a 'heartless bastard' on numerous occassions. Yet, as I read Jr.'s post about Wolf, and Wolf's own words, my heart sank. I've come to view us Heromorpher's as more than just a collective of artists and fanboys, but more as a (clich? coming) family.

Unfortunately, I've never been much into Dr. Who, so I doubt I'll be participating in this one.
So let's hear it for our dear brother Wolf. It is most unfortunate that such a thing has happened to such a talented person. It pains me even think of any of the HM family moving on to the other side, but if you must go, go in peace when you're called.

We'll see you there soon enough.

Posted on: 28 09 12 06:39 pm

superhero
From Lincoln,NE
Level : 17; EXP : 32
HP : 0 / 408
MP : 114 / 15520
Wolf, I hope the good days well out number the bad!

I'm not much for long sappy notes, but I do hope this Relaxtion Technique in this video helps.

Posted on: 28 09 12 07:41 pm
oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit." - The Tick

The New Number 2 (Moderator-Like Guy)
From Kamloops, BC, Canada
Level : 31; EXP : 82
HP : 0 / 770
MP : 455 / 44732
My thoughts are with you and your family, Wolf. I'd seen a few references to chemo in your recent posts, but I had no idea things had progressed so far.

I do have some small knowledge of Who (read: I've seen every episode multiple times, including reconstructions of the missing ones, and own a near-complete run of Doctor Who Magazine, many of the original novels, and most of the audio dramas.) If time allows, I'll do my best to throw something together in your honour.

Happy times and places.

Posted on: 28 09 12 07:58 pm

Shaper of Worlds
From Matteson, Il
Level : 47; EXP : 34
HP : 231 / 1158
MP : 1303 / 67640
Jeez when the big guy upstairs calls ya..saying "not right now" usually isn't an option. I myself had a recent heart episode about a month back but nothing a decent diet and rest couldn't curtail..so i can sort of relate to Wolf> I salute his braveness in this troubling time and wish him nothing but the best! As far as contributing an image..my plate's pretty full right now and I'm not well versed in Dr. Who lore, but i would like to put together something to show my support if i'm able.

Posted on: 29 09 12 12:05 am

From Kentucky
Brother Tennant, If there is anything the Corbin KY ward can do to help you, let me know.

Posted on: 29 09 12 06:40 am

Herald
From Residing Philadelpihia, From New Jersey
Level : 35; EXP : 19
HP : 0 / 854
MP : 587 / 36142
I have no idea who dr whois, but I'll look up pics and make something for The Wolf...

Posted on: 30 09 12 02:11 am

Herald
From Residing Philadelpihia, From New Jersey
Level : 35; EXP : 19
HP : 0 / 854
MP : 587 / 36142

Posted on: 30 09 12 02:14 am

From Kentucky
That is one incarnation of the Doctor correct.

Posted on: 30 09 12 03:58 am

Wizard of Lasagna (Mod)
From From the Other Side of the Ocean
Level : 45; EXP : 33
HP : 221 / 1108
MP : 1153 / 54590
This is just a reminder, I've seen already some images for our fellow Wolf but so that the mod in charge can spot them easy, please put on the title "for Wolf".

And also, don't let the fact that you don't know about Dr. Who stop you from entering as that also didn't stop Wolf from leaving a comment when he liked any image.

In fact, the image I'm making doesn't have nothing to do with Dr. Who as the only Dr. I was able to see here was the one with Christopher Eccleston.

Posted on: 2 10 12 05:26 am

vigilante
From Macedonia
Level : 2; EXP : 25
HP : 0 / 31
MP : 4 / 1419
Already posted mine, I put "For Wolf in front of the post, and it is in TV and movies 3d section... I hope I make Wolf happy just for the moment...

Posted on: 2 10 12 08:54 am

Gold Member
From Indiana, yeah, Indiana, stop laughing
Level : 32; EXP : 80
HP : 0 / 795
MP : 491 / 35766
I generally have no problems expressing myself here at Heromorph...but I am nearly at a loss for words.

I lost a brother to cancer some years back, one of the finest human beings I had ever met.

And it seems the beast is in the throws of taking yet another great one.

Wolf, sir, you commented on some of the first manips I ever did here. Your words of encouragement boosted both my confidence and my enthusiasm to improve.

I shall carry those thoughts with me always, as I believe many others will whom you've inspired.

Thank you for your help, and best wishes for your journey ahead.

Posted on: 2 10 12 04:27 pm

Ring Forger
From Mexico
Level : 30; EXP : 72
HP : 0 / 743
MP : 417 / 36028
Wolf i had no idea you were sick, im really sorry. I hope u find the strenght to fight back.

Posted on: 2 10 12 09:13 pm

Kling on HM (WebMaster!)
From My Box
Level : 57; EXP : 79
HP : 283 / 1419
MP : 2327 / 81700
Here are our first additions!

Posted on: 3 10 12 10:14 pm

Criminal Mastermind
From St. Petersburg, FL
Level : 35; EXP : 5
HP : 0 / 851
MP : 581 / 47824
Sorry to hear about your cancer. God Bless.

Posted on: 4 10 12 11:42 am

Wizard of Lasagna (Mod)
From From the Other Side of the Ocean
Level : 45; EXP : 33
HP : 221 / 1108
MP : 1153 / 54590
Wolf, you are one the members here that are an example to us all. It was you that really made me join this place when I realized that even you not being an artist per se, your comments on the artists images, always with some advice or joke, or anything that made them feel that someone was wacthing their work.
To me it was you and bhm1954, who also had a nice word to leave to the artists, that really show me what this site is all about and I thank you for that.

I'm trying to make something special for you.

Posted on: 9 10 12 11:50 am

Account*
Name   Password   Login

You cannot start a new topic.
You can view topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.